Saturday, July 24, 2010

I am diabetic and on warfarin. My nose continually bleeds. I have pain from eye to lip. Could it be infected.?

I have rheumatoid arthritis and I'm on methytrexate and prednisone (4mg a day). It's not working because the inflamation in my body has shot up. The Doctor is checking out Humira but don't think I'll be able to use it because of my heart trouble.I am diabetic and on warfarin. My nose continually bleeds. I have pain from eye to lip. Could it be infected.?
you need to contact your dr. and see wh athe or she thinks. always go to your dr. or other medical authority for advice as serious as this. hope you have a nice day. and i seriously hope you get this looked into.I am diabetic and on warfarin. My nose continually bleeds. I have pain from eye to lip. Could it be infected.?
GO TO YOU DOCTOR!!!! HE NEEDS TO ADJUST YOU WARFARIN DOSEAGE. YOU MAY BE HAVING SOME BLEEDING ELSEWHERE....R U HAVING SOME BLURRED VISION, BLACK SPOTS ON YOUR EYES? BOTTOME LINE..SEE OR CALL YOUR DOCTOR HE WILL PROBABLY TELL YOU TO STOP THE WARFARIN UNTIL HE CHECKS YOU AGAIN.
Hi


I have been a diabetic for 22 years and just found this website about 3months ago. This is a great website for diabetics.


http://www.diabetesforums.com/
If I were you, I would subscribe to Bottom Line Secrets. They brought together a group of doctors from different disciplines like conventional, naturopathic, and others. They've put together quite a list of healhy advisory books for all sorts of anomalies. It wouldn't surprise me if family physicians started using this stuff for a reference... it's really helpful. You would do well to visit http://www.drmcdougall.com and learn to completely overhaul your lifestyle before it's too late. Also, I've put together lots of useful diabetic info here: http://www.geocities.com/seabulls69/Type鈥?/a>


I've worked hard to get off of drugs. The diet/lifestyle improvements have helped the diabetes and fibromyalgia tremendously. I'm down to two 500mg Metformin tabs a day.
I think the fact that you are taking prednisone, and coumadin and having nose bleeds is more serious than your pain. You need to see your doctor and tell him these things...this is serious.
Warfarin-If you experience any of the following symptoms, call your doctor immediately:


unusual bleeding or bruising.


The only common side-effect of warfarin is hemorrhage (bleeding). The risk of severe bleeding is small but definite (1-2% annually) and any benefit needs to outweigh this risk when warfarin is considered as a therapeutic measure. Risk of bleeding is augmented if the INR is out of range (due to accidental or deliberate overdose or due to interactions), and may cause hemoptysis (coughing up blood), excessive bruising, bleeding from nose or gums, or blood in urine or stool.


Please check Methytrexate and Methotrexate are one and the same medicine. Special precaution should be taken as these medicines have side effects and interaction between them. Consult your doctor.


Please note that I am not a medical professional.


Please see the webpages for more details on Warfarin, Methotrexate and Prednisone.
How often r u having nosebleeds? How bad r they? How long do they last? Have u told ur dr? Has he done a coagulation study to be sure that ur clotting time isn't too high with the warfarin dose that u r currently on? The pain could be a nerve problem unless u r having some other symptoms. U really need to see ur dr.
diabetics prone to get infection but just pain doesn`t mean infection.there may be fever,tenderness,redness, or other sings of infection.how long do u have this?u may develop later.


if u r bleeding with warfarin better check ur INR.It may be more than what u require.

No comments:

Post a Comment