Monday, August 23, 2010

Nose piercing making upper lip & under eye hurt?

---REPOST--- I only got 2 answers from this question before, I would really like more advice, thank you!





I got my nose pierced yesterday evening, and since then, my under eye %26amp; upper lip have been hurting along with my nose. I've been taking care of it like the piercer told me to. Is it possible he hit something? Should I take it out?





I might add that the ring is a screw ring.





Also, that side of my nose has been running like MAD since I got it done!Nose piercing making upper lip %26amp; under eye hurt?
Did your piercer use a clamp on your nose when he pierced it? If so, the clamp actually provokes bruising and swelling during the healing process. The BEST piercers will never use a clamp on any piercing, so don't go to them for future piercings!





If he didn't use a clamp then your nose is just probably swelling from the healing process. Its uncomfortable and sometimes painful but this is normal and it won't harm your piercing.





Also, since your piercing is a stud piercing, make sure that you keep it clean and that there's no crust or dried blood gathering underneath the stud.





In general, don't play with it or touch the piercing. Doing so will irritate your piercing, further leading to more swelling or possible infection. The first two weeks are the most vital to your healing process. Just avoid touching/playing with it and clean it with warm water and sea salt up to two or three times a day.





Everything sounds fine. As long as your nose isn't bleeding or pussing then you have no reason to take it out. Your under eye and upper lip may just be in correlation to the swelling and bruising of the piercing.





Good luck!Nose piercing making upper lip %26amp; under eye hurt?
I had my nose pierced 6 months ago. I had a little pain under my eye also. There are nerves in your nose, but none that could paralyze your face or anything like that.





As far as it running, when you had your nose pierced, mucous membranes were damaged, mucous membranes are what excrete snot and things of that nature, and now there's a hole. That along with the nose screw is a foreign object, your nose is doing its job or trying to expell the foreign object by running. It'll stop in a week or so.





If you have any other problems, go to you piercer. They will be able to tell you what you should do.
Mine gave me a black eye when I got it done, and he didn't use a clamp on me. It's okay, what you are experiencing is normal. Don't take it out! Give it 6 weeks to heal fully. Don't expect miracles overnight. He didn't hit anything. Just give it time. I have enjoyed my piercing for over 10 years, and you can do the same. Just be patient. Keep doing what you are doing and give yourself time to heal.
thats really odd, i honestly have never herd that before,


and along with myself, i know alot of people who have their noses pierced.


its normal that your nose will be soar and run


but the lip and eye is weird


you should go back to the piercer and tell him.


he/she is a perfessional and will know what you should do.





hope i helped
Well i dont think your ey and upper lip should be hurting. But the runny nose is normal... i just got mine done a few months ago. If i were you, i would go back to the person who pierced it for you and ask their opinion. I wouldnt leave it though... i know that if you get your nose pierced in the wrong spot, your face can become paralyzed. hope i helped :)
that's weird! first i would start by saying, u should always use H2Ocean, it really helps to make the healing process faster. You just got it pierced so you will be feeling a little pain for a few days, but if it's something that you can't bare with, go back to the piercer just to be safe.
I don't think there is anything he can hit, major vein wise in the nose..





You could be allergic to the piercing??


Or you might have slept on it, thus irritating it..





Umm keep it in for another day and see if it gets better...if it gets worse..go back to your piercer and talk to him about it..I'm sure he'll know what went wrong.
It will hurt later in life anyway. Do a check back in 20 years even if you have taken them out long ago. It is of course your choice and your business.





That leaves more room for all others to be successful and leave the piercing people in the dust.





I mean no ill intent. All I am saying is think about it.
You might have hit a temporary nerve. Which isn't bad. If this is the case then the hurting should go away once the piercing is healed (2-6 weeks).





Hang in there champ, I'm sure it looks cute though!
Take it out knucklehead, they look ugly anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment